**Assembly Bill 3002 went into effect on January 1, 2019, which provides information regarding disability access requirements and resources to business owners. To read the full notice, click HERE
Senate Bill (SB) 205, signed by Gov. Newsom in 2019, requires a person or entity who conducts a business operation that is a “regulated industry” to demonstrate enrollment with the NPDES permit program. The SB 205 only affects those businesses with primary Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) codes that are identified by the State Water Board as requiring enrollment in the Industrial General Permit (IGP) are affected. Completion and submission of this information is required with your 2020 business license application. For more information, please click HERE
City of Upland - New Business License Application
What you need to know to get started:
1. Business licenses are renewed on a annual basis and your renewal period is determined by the issue date of a license. Business licenses will
expire on either June 30th or December 31st of each year.
2. The business start date is the first date your business started operating in the City.
3. Employee identification numbers are required for all new businesses. Sole owner or partnerships are required to provide Social Security number
for all owners/partners. LLC, Limited Partnership, Trust or Corporations are required to provide a Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN)
and State Employee Identification Number (SEIN) for the business.
4. If your business is located in the City of Upland you must also file a Zoning Clearance Application with the City of Upland Planning Department. Once you have completed
the online business license application process, you should receive the appropriate Zoning Clearance Application form via email from a member of our staff.
5. No payment will be required until your application has been reviewed and accepted. You should receive an application received verification email upon submittal of this application. Once the application has been processed, you will receive an email containing the amount due and instructions on how to make payment online. Please allow up to 3 business days to receive this email.
The City of Upland would like to welcome you to its business community. We know that starting a new business can be exciting and challenging. We wish you the greatest success in your new venture!